All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPost subject: Any Kiwis?
Crewman
Crewman

State: Not in Australia
Outpost: Not part of an Outpost
I'm an American ex-pat living in Auckland and I was hoping to track down some ST:CCG players here in NZ. Any chance anyone knows someone? ...bit of a long shot Im sure. An even longer one is that I only have 1e cards, and I cant be bothered starting 2e.

Here's hoping!

If not I'll have to plan a visit across the ditch sometime!

Cheers,
Mike

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:49 pm

PostPost subject: Re: Any Kiwis?
Australian OP Coordinator
Australian OP Coordinator

Hey, welcome to TrekAustralia! It's a bit of a ghost town since the last refurbishment, but trust me, the players are around in numbers. :)

I know of no players currently in NZ, but feel free to check out the Player Map over at www.trekcc.org.

The majority of players in Australia are 2e, many having made the transition from 1e over the years and not one regretting it!

But 1e isn't dead by any stretch. We had the first major Continental Championships for First Edition last year at the Australian Continentals in Sydney.

The field was barely competitive (sorry guys :) ) so really, it's a really fun event and will be growing in 2011 with already four more Australian players picking the game up in the last few months (a couple of 2e players from Brissie in particular).

I'd recommend you PM "Honest", Sydney's 2e tournament director, or "Mike", Sydney's 1e guru, if you do make the trip across the Tasman. They're a fantastic bunch, and Honest would love to introduce you to 2e at one of Sydney's casual play sessions.

If you have any questions or what-not, please feel free to ask them here or over at the forums at trekcc.org. It's a fantastic community out there! :)

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:24 pm

PostPost subject: Re: Any Kiwis?
Captain
Captain

State: New South Wales
Outpost: Sydney
Hey Scary,

Welcome to TREK AU. Your best bet is to go to King of Cards in Auckland-they sell TREK 2E boosters, singles, and last I was there ('08) had the same for 1E. They are a friendly bunch, maybe ask if they know of any players. They have a notice board as well, maybe a sign opn the wall with an email addy could find you a few players.

http://www.gameplayer.co.nz is the NZ gamers website. You could try posting on the forums there as well. Iain Kenderdain is on there-I can't remember his sign on, but he used to run Vagabond Games in the Queen St Centre (where the cinemas are at top of Queen St). He would also know of any players as he used to run the events.

I hope this helps, good luck on your quest!

Honest

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:00 am